Contracts Are Inevitable. Contract Issues Shouldn’t Be.
Contracts are frequently complicated from the outside. However, they are simply a collection of many legal arrangements included in a single document and should be regarded as such. The contracting process begins with an agreement between or among parties, which is subsequently reduced to writing using clear, unambiguous phrasing in a contract that covers all possible outcomes from the arrangement. The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC, assists clients with the drafting, negotiation, and evaluation of contracts. We are well-versed in all facets of the contracting process and are dedicated to protecting client interests. We understand the relevance of explicit and implicit clauses in written contracts, as well as the most effective means of enforcing them if one of the parties fails to fulfill its duties.
We collaborate with clients to establish contracts that clearly and concisely identify:
- The parties legally bound by the agreement.
- Provided services and materials.
- The cost of services and material delivered.
- The payment terms.
- The start-date and end-date.
- Limitations on remedies.
- Limitations on warranties.
- Conditions causing contract termination before completion.
- The process employed to resolve disputes between the parties to the contract.
- The rules and laws that govern the agreement if legal issues arise.
- Events that result in one party compensating the other for damages suffered.
We engage with clients during the contracting process to ensure:
- That provisions not written in the contract are not part of the agreement.
- That sensitive information is retained between the parties without being shared with third parties.
- That the parties not utilize confidential information obtained to unfairly compete.
- That the parties are not breaking other contracts by signing the agreement.
A further discussion of each contract provision is provided in the Contracts Section of the Blog.
Contract Services Provided
Our Arizona Contracts Attorneys have twenty years of experience managing the legal challenges encountered by small businesses during contract development, negotiation, and enforcement. Although our firm’s headquarters are located in Phoenix, we serve clients throughout the entire state, including Tucson. We represent small businesses in contract disputes where the parties differ on the interpretation or execution of the contract. Our assistance for clients includes:
- Contract negotiation facilitating a conversation between you and another party as you try to come to a mutually beneficial agreement. We assist in identifying your end-goals and the areas you’re willing to be flexible about. We approach negotiations with grace and good humor. We believe you need not be hostile or view the party you’re negotiating with as an enemy, because they aren’t. They want to hire you, and you want to work for them.
- Contract drafting that emphasizes highlighting what is important and essential to the agreement while at the same time minimizing the quantity of material that is redundant and superfluous. In order to impress, inexperienced lawyers create nonsensical ‘legalese,’ making it impossible for people who will actually deal with the contract to grasp what it means.
- Contract review to clarify contract-related facts, assess the feasibility of contract performance, foresee contract hazards, and verify the contract is fair and devoid of flaws that could be exploited against you. A contract review extends beyond preventing your business from entering into a problematic agreement. It also involves preserving your relationship with the other parties. The relationship will collapse if all parties do not comprehend the contract and enter into it with knowledge.
- Contract litigation resolving disputes regarding the quality of goods delivered, timeliness of delivery, performance under license agreements, and interpreting agreements provisions.
Our Arizona Contracts Attorneys provide legal counsel to clients located in Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Scottsdale, Peoria, and Tempe on matters pertaining to contract formation and execution.
Essential Contracts / Agreements for Small Businesses
Our firm has drafted and reviewed numerous types of business contracts and agreements including:
Business Formation Contracts and Agreements such as:
Commercial Transaction Contracts and Agreements such as:
Employment Contracts and Agreements such as:
Litigation Contracts and Agreements such as:
- Release and Settlement Agreements.
A further discussion of each contract type is provided in the Contracts Section of the Blog.
Failing to properly execute the contracts / agreements may cause exposure to a variety of legal or financial liabilities. A properly drafted and negotiated contract / agreement is paramount to operating a successful business, and minimizing your exposure to lawsuits.
Contacting The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC
If our capabilities match your needs, we invite you to contact us today by one of these means:
- Call us at 877-455-6344 to evaluate our capabilities to address your situation.
- Submit an inquiry via our Contact Us Form to brief your situation and needs.
- Schedule a 45-minute legal Consultation via our client portal to review your situation and approaches by which your objectives can be met.
Our Contracts Attorneys have twenty years of experience managing the legal challenges encountered during contract development, negotiation, and enforcement. We represent clients in contract disputes where the parties differ on the interpretation or execution of the contract. Small businesses operating in Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Scottsdale, Peoria, and Tempe, as well as residents of other adjacent communities, are regular recipients of legal counsel and representation from our firm.