Providing Sound Legal Counsel To Individuals And Business Owners Within The Fashion Industry
The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC, provides fashion industry clients with legal counsel and representation in transactional and dispute resolution matters.
Fashion transactional legal matters are focused on forming arrangements amongst interested parties; formalizing those arrangements in contracts or agreements; and later executing per the terms established. Arrangements may focus on commercial transactions, hiring and managing employees, managing intellectual property, conducting E-commerce, business structuring, and enterprise operations.
Fashion dispute resolution matters are focused on resolving conflicts between two or more parties. Conflicts occur when a party violates the terms of a contract, or once a party’s wrongful acts result in injury to someone’s property or reputation. Legal representation is provided during negotiations, mediation, arbitration, and litigation conducted to resolve the dispute.
Our fashion clients count on us for legal counsel and representation in matters involving:
Our Arizona Fashion attorneys advise design houses, apparel manufacturers, retailers, and models in Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Scottsdale, Peoria, and Tempe on contractual, intellectual property, litigation, e-commerce, employment, regulatory compliance, business structuring, and crisis management matters.
Fashion Enterprise Formation and Structuring Law
Launching or reorganizing a fashion enterprise by yourself or with partners is an enormous undertaking. The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC, helps clients identify, evaluate, and choose the right formation and structuring solution for their fashion enterprise. Our fashion enterprise formation and structuring services include:
- Determining and forming an appropriate business structure for your fashion enterprise ensuring day-to-day management and control is structured for your needs and limited liability is preserved.
- Developing and executing fashion business purchase / sale strategies establishing the purchase price, assets exchanged, level of seller post sale consulting support to be provided, non-compete guidelines, non-solicitation guidelines, non-disclosure guidelines, transferability of existing leases, and transferability of existing employment contracts.
- Developing and executing succession strategies accounting for management transition, liabilities, ownership interests, voting rights for owners and stakeholders, and addressing asset protection opportunities and challenges.
- Developing and executing dissolution strategies accounting for notifying creditors of the pending dissolution, finalizing asset distributions, and settling with parties with outstanding claims.
Fashion Contract Law
We provide general contract law advice to fashion industry clients and counsel them on fashion industry unique contract matters.
Guidance is provided on contract considerations common to a variety of businesses including contract negotiation, contract drafting, contract review, and resolving contract disputes. Additional details on these topics are provided in the practice area description of contracts.
Additionally, fashion specific contract counseling is provided on matters that include:
Fashion Commercial Transaction Law
We provide general commercial transaction law advice to fashion industry clients and counsel them on fashion industry unique commercial transaction matters.
Guidance is provided on commercial transaction considerations common to a variety of businesses including negotiating commercial agreements, formalizing commercial agreements, executing commercial transactions, and resolving commercial transaction disputes. Additional details on these topics are provided in the practice area description of commercial transactions.
Additionally, fashion specific commercial transaction counseling is provided on matters that include:
Fashion Intellectual Property Law
We provide general intellectual property law advice to fashion industry clients and counsel them on fashion industry unique intellectual property matters.
Guidance is provided on intellectual property considerations common to a variety of businesses including acquiring trademarks, acquiring copyrights, protecting trade secrets, licensing intellectual property, purchasing intellectual property, and intellectual property dispute resolution. Additional details on these topics are provided in the practice area description of intellectual property.
Additionally, fashion specific intellectual property counseling is provided on matters that include:
Fashion Employment Law
Compliance with employment statutes and regulations is an essential part of running a successful fashion enterprise. We provide employment legal counsel to fashion houses, apparel manufacturers, distributers, importers, retailers, and designers covering a wide range of federal, state, and local employee / independent contractor legal issues including:
- Establishing guidelines for determining workforce employee / independent contractor classifications and creating Employment Contracts / Independent Contractor Agreements defining employment duration, benefits, compensation, and grounds for termination, and specific issues including who owns work products produced while on the clock.
- Drafting Employee-Handbooks defining a company’s culture, setting on-job expectations for employees, and notifying employees of their rights under the law. The handbook defines the company’s processes and procedures for hiring and separation, wages and overtime, promotions and performance reviews, medical and parental leave, required on-job behaviors and discipline, discrimination and harassment, trade secrets and confidentiality, and fringe benefits.
- Developing and conducting training programs for both supervisory and non-supervisory employees focused on wage and work hour compliance, performance management, harassment prevention and remediation, substance abuse in the workplace, interviewing and hiring, and equal opportunity
Fashion E-commerce Law
If you have a business website, a business email account, or business social media accounts, you’re participating actively in E-commerce. There are dangers involved in operating online, including cyber piracy, data protection, and copyright / trademark infringements. We provide legal counsel to fashion enterprises covering a wide range of internet considerations including compliance with state and federal online advertising regulations; compliance with state and federal online consumer privacy regulations; domain name selection-registration and maintenance; and website development arrangements.
Fashion Dispute Resolution and Litigation Law
The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC, has a long tradition of successfully representing fashion clients involved in disputes. We represent design houses, apparel manufacturers, retailers, designers, and models in negotiation, mediation, arbitration, litigation, and appeal proceedings about:
- Fashion business formation disputes involving business break-ups, bylaws, landlord-tenant issues, LLC operating agreements, partnerships, real covenants, real property, and succession.
- Fashion commercial transaction disputes involving bad faith, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, debtor-creditor violations, defective workmanship, fraud and misrepresentation, fraudulent conveyance, product liability, terminations, uniform commercial code, and unfair trade practices.
- Fashion employment disputes involving non-compete agreements, restrictive covenants, and workers’ compensation claims.
- Fashion intellectual property disputes involving author attribution, copyright infringement, derogatory treatment of a work, trademark infringement, and trade secrets.
- Fashion E-commerce disputes involving data breaches and privacy.
Contacting The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC
If our capabilities match your needs, we invite you to contact us today by one of these means:
- Call us at 877-455-6344 to evaluate our capabilities to address your situation.
- Submit an inquiry via our Contact Us Form to brief your situation and needs.
- Schedule a 45-minute legal Consultation via our client portal to review your situation and approaches by which your objectives can be met.
Our Arizona Fashion Attorneys are experts in handling the legal matters that Phoenix and Tucson area design houses, apparel manufacturers, retailers, and models address during the course of their daily business activities. Moreover, our Arizona Fashion Lawyers assist fashion small businesses in the Phoenix and Tucson areas with contractual, intellectual property, litigation, e-commerce, employment, regulatory compliance, business structuring, and crisis management matters. Clients from Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Scottsdale, Peoria, and Tempe are regularly advised and represented by our firm.