Regulations Are Not The Problem; Noncompliance Is
Many aspects of a business’s operations are influenced by laws and regulations enforced by administrative agencies. Navigating the maze of federal, state, and local regulations is time-consuming, difficult, and disastrous if done incorrectly. Understanding the rules is essential to surviving and ultimately thriving. Whether you’re seeking to obtain or modify a permit, defend a professional license, or contest an administrative proceeding your livelihood is on the line.
Whether you’re just starting out or a veteran small business owner, the sheer amount of government regulation associated with your business can be daunting. Even locating these rules can appear overwhelming. Despite the many government regulations on businesses, understanding the general rules of the road is not as difficult as it sounds. The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC, understands that the secret to understanding government regulations on business is knowing where to look, and knowing what kind of laws you’re looking for.
The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC, works with clients to ensure the following government regulations applicable to their businesses are identified, understood, and addressed:
The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC, works with clients to ensure regulatory compliance by:
- Documenting company policies and procedures.
- Providing training to reinforce compliance.
- Staying current with ever-changing laws and regulations.
- Performing compliance audits.
- Using the right tools to simplify and improve compliance.
A further discussion of regulatory concern is provided in the Regulatory Compliance Section of the Blog.
Regulatory Services Provided
Our Arizona Regulatory Compliance Attorneys have twenty years of experience managing the legal challenges that small businesses confront when identifying regulatory requirements and maintaining compliance. Although our firm’s headquarters are located in Phoenix, we serve clients throughout the entire state, including Tucson. When compliance issues arise, our Arizona Regulatory Compliance Attorneys defend small businesses in regulatory discipline actions. Our assistance for clients includes:
- Identifying applicable regulatory requirements, determining the challenges of compliance, developing organizational policies to comply, and implementing control procedures monitoring the effectiveness of policies established.
- Obtaining state and local permits and licenses through filing applications that conform to statutory and regulatory requirements and are well-supported by persuasive factual arguments.
- Defending a regulatory agency administrative action against a client. Although, agencies have broad discretion in their operations and penalties they assign, they are constrained by the Arizona and Federal Constitutions, the Arizona Administrative Procedures Act, and other applicable statutes and regulations.
- Providing advocacy for clients facing a disciplinary action from an Arizona licensing board. The legal language used is outside the scope of most clients’ professional activities and is subject to interpretation. The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC assists clients to receive a fair hearing to retain their professional license.
Our Arizona regulatory compliance attorneys counsel and represent clients from Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Scottsdale, Peoria, and Tempe on matters pertaining to regulatory compliance.
Essential Regulatory Matters for Small Businesses
Our firm has addressed numerous types of business regulations including:
Employment Regulatory Matters such as:
- Email Marketing
A further discussion of regulation is provided in the Regulatory Compliance Section of the Blog.
Failing to properly address the regulatory matters may cause exposure to a variety of legal or financial liabilities. Properly addressing federal, state and local regulations is paramount to operating a successful business, and minimizing your exposure to administrative actions.
Contacting The Calhoun Law Firm, PLC
If our capabilities match your needs, we invite you to contact us today by one of these means:
- Call us at 877-455-6344 to evaluate our capabilities to address your situation.
- Submit an inquiry via our Contact Us Form to brief your situation and needs.
- Schedule a 45-minute legal Consultation via our client portal to review your situation and potential approaches by which your objectives can be met.
Our Regulatory Compliance Attorneys have twenty years of experience managing the legal challenges that clients confront when identifying regulatory requirements and maintaining compliance. When compliance issues arise, our Regulatory Compliance Attorneys defend clients in regulatory discipline actions. Small businesses operating in Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Scottsdale, Peoria, and Tempe, as well as residents of other adjacent communities, are regular recipients of legal counsel and representation from our firm.